Nothing makes a Valentine’s Day dinner sweeter than a decadent dessert like these Chocolate Mousse Cup. Each dark chocolate cup is filled with the very best chocolate mousse and is topped with crushed Tim tams.
150 gm dark chocolate, chopped
50 gm caster sugar
5 caramel Tim Tams, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Bundaberg rum
200 ml fresh cream
1. Melt dark chocolate in a bowl, over a pot of boiling water.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar for approximately 10 minutes or until pale and thick and then add rum and stir until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, beat fresh cream until it forms a soft peak once the beater has been removed.
4. Combine egg mixture with chocolate (chocolate must be warm), then fold in cream and stir until combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Spoon the chocolate mousse into a martini glass, alternating the mousse with layers of crushed Tim tams.
6. Sprinkle additional crushed Tim tams over the top and serve.