Open toasts are very tempting the sight of colorful veggies, and a sumptuous dose of melted cheese lovingly caressing the veggies.
5 Cranberry’s regular bread slices lightly buttered
2 1/2 tbsp grated processed cheese
/2 cup finely chopped and boiled french beans
1/2 cup finely chopped and boiled carrots
1 tbsp oil or butter
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 cup grated processed cheese
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the french beans, carrot, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, cheese and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Divide the topping in 5 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed:
1. Place all the bread slices on a baking tray with the buttered side facing upwards and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till crisp.
2. Place all the bread toasts on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the mixed vegetable topping and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese evenly over each toast.
3. Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts. Serve immediately.