Check out this Pear Chutney Cheese Delight, easy to make, easy to serve and always have customers coming back for more.
1. To make chutney, start by peeling, coring and chopping the pears into cube. Heat a pot over medium-low heat and add the diced onions, cooking until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Stir in the ginger and follow with apple cider vinegar. Stir up any stuck onion pieces.
3. Add in the pears, dates, salt, cinnamon powder, zest, water, and chili flakes if using.
4. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the pears softened and the mixture thickens up, 15 minutes or so.
5. If the chutney is too thick, add one cup of water as it cooks.
6. Preheat oven. Butter each slice of cranberry’s whole wheat bread and place on a sheet tray. Bake the bread under the oven, flipping once, until just starting to crisp.
7. Remove bread from oven and smear on 2-3 tablespoon of chutney and follow with the slices of cheese. Place back under the broiler and cook until cheese is melting and bubbly, 60-90 seconds (again, goes fast- keep an eye on it!)
8. Toss the microgreens with the olive oil and lemon juice, then top toast before serving.