‘Shahi tukda’ is one of the most richest desserts which can be easily prepared at home using bread. Its is a simple yet delicious recipe, which makes for a delightful treat for sweet lovers.
1. First prepare sugar syrup, add sugar and water to saucepan. Place it over medium high flame.
2. Add some saffron strands and let it come to a boil. Once it starts boiling turn the flame to lowest possible heat. Once sugar syrup get thickens, add rose essence and turn off the heat. Set it aside. you may add 2-3 drops of lemon juice to prevent it.
3. Now place a skillet (tawa) on medium flame. Take Cranberry’s bread and slices diagonally and toast them by applying little ghee or butter. Now flip them to other side. Make sure that you toast them on low heat so that bread get evenly cooked.
4. When bread slices turn to golden brown, slide them one by one into prepared sugar syrup . Let them dip for about 1 minutes and take out and put them on a rack.
5. Now arrange the bread tukda in a serving plate and pour the condensed milk over the top. Garnish with sliced pistachios. Serve them immediately.