Strawberry Pretzel Cheesecake is a twist on the popular Strawberry Pretzel Salad made with layers of pretzels, cheesecake and strawberry studded gelatin
2 ½ cups mini cranberry’s pretzel (60 g)
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, 2 packages, at room temperature (225 g)
1 ½ cups powdered sugar (180 g)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream (115 g)
1 cup whipped cream (240 mL)
2 cups water (480 mL)
6 oz strawberry gelatin (170 g)
1 lb strawberry sliced (455 g)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Fill a gallon plastic bag with mini pretzels and use a rolling pin to crush the pretzels, creating a chunky texture.
3. Combine crushed pretzels and butter in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Place the pretzel mixture in the base of a 9-inch springform pan with the mixture to create the crust. Use a measuring cup to smooth the surface.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
Place cream cheese in a large bowl and mix until cream cheese is smooth. Add in powder sugar, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Mix until combine. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
6. Add in the whipped cream until batter is thick and smooth. Pour the mixture into the 9-inch springform pan and spread with a spatula to cover the pretzel crust and create a flat even top. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
7. Boil water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Once boiling, add the strawberry gelatin and stir for 3 minutes, or until gelatin has dissolved. Remove from heat.
8. Let gelatin mixture cool for 8 minutes or until room temperature. Add in strawberries and stir to combine.
9.Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator and pour the strawberry mixture over it. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.Enjoy!